This is a big turning point in my life. It makes me inquire about what have I done for the past 35 five years & it makes me wonder what will come in the later years. I honestly feel I am turning 25… only wiser. I feel wonderful about my inner & outer self more than ever before, yet I am baffled to see some gray hairs on my head. In 5 short years I will turn the big four O! I keep repeating to myself it is only a number nothing more!
I honestly believe life is not about taking years out of one’s life but adding life to our years. Yes I would love to stop the outward aging process but NEVER the inner. Yes I have gray hair, but I also am more confident in my own skin than ever before (I would never trade that!). Taking the good with the bad. As simple as that. Aging gracefully is the way to go! Accepting my physical changes & embracing my emotional ones. As opposed to getting crazy with surgery in an unnecessary attempt to match a physical ideal.
Nobody handed me my age in a silver platter, I had to live every single nanosecond of it. That is why I’ll share with you 35 things I have learned so far about life:
1. The older I get the less attention I pay to what people say & more to what people do.
2. I left my ‘all or nothing’ mentality way back in my twenties.
3. In relationships it is all about connecting emotionally with people, reading between the lines.
4. Procrastinate productively.
5. Reaching my goals faster is not the trick, it is reaching them better.
6. Between joyful & right, I choose joyful.
7. My worst moments are my best teachers.
8. Slowing down, becoming more calm & accepting what is as opposed as how I want it to be – if and when I can’t do anything to change it.
9. I will never be all things to all people. And that is SO ok!
10. I’ve learned that not everything that comes out of people’s mouths is important or should be taken into consideration. Let go of unnecessary information.
11. Fresh sheets on my bed are a big deal.
12. Friends are the best & cheapest form of therapy.
13. If I don’t take care of myself, I can’t take care of anybody else.
14. Honesty to myself and others is always the best policy.
15. Losing a person does not mean stopping the relationship I have with them, sometimes it becomes better.
16. Being at peace with everybody has nothing to do with everybody & everything to do with me.
17. Perfectionism is more about what other people think, striving to be better is more about what I think of myself. Choose the latter. Breaking up with perfectionism obligates me to be me.
18. Family is love’s gymnasium.
19. I don’t need to have everything figured out to be happy.
20. The older I get the less interested I become in material stuff.
21. An empty schedule is a thing of beauty.
22. Love no matter what.
23. When I go into a room full of people to give a speech or class, I get to absorb their energy & they get to absorb mine, this makes me giddy and brings joy to my heart.
24. Girlfriends are priceless.
25. A heart-felt hug is my favorite gift.
26. I’ve learned that we have two ears & one mouth for a reason.
27. Expectations are fast tracks to resentments.
28. You should only compare yourself to your former self.
29. Kindness is a choice that has nothing to do with others and everything to do with me.
30. The more I know, the more I find out how little I actually know…. no kidding!
31. Parenthood teaches more about life than anything else in the world put together.
32. Sleep is a priority.
33. Drama is only meant in our tweens.
34. Music transports my soul.
35. God within me makes me valuable, worthy & powerful beyond measure.
and a freebie: Let go… no seriously LET GO of people, situations & expectations… the good ones always stay freely!
I can’t wait to see what my 40s are going to bring me!… Oh yes I can 😉